Drifting Gipsy

Drifting Gipsy

Monday 7 April 2014

If I knew you were coming I'd have baked a Cake

It really is terrible, I've finally got chance to get some writing done and instead I've been sitting staring at the blank page for the last half an hour! Well I'd best get on with it!

It's been a very busy few days. I finally managed to get my 'office' set up so now I actually have a real work space - no more books strewn across and stuffed into the armchair!
(Thinking about it this 'office' is going to need some serious jazzing up!)


Unfortunately I spent a good deal of last week with knitter's block - completely forgetting even the most basic of knitting techniques - it was awful! However I did manage to perk myself up a little in the mean time by buying a few new balls of yarn to my stash - you can never have too much yarn, don't let anyone tell you otherwise!

It seems like the shopping trip has done the trick anyway - my knitting's back on track and I'm making a good deal of progress working on a pair of leg warmers. After that hopefully I'll have the next scarf organised and ready to start.

In preparation for a busy weekend I spent some time on Friday morning making some little treats in the kitchen. I'm not exactly renowned for spending time in the kitchen,  I've generally been a bit "can't cook, won't cook" but everyone once in a while I do try. corn flake crispy cakes or 'Doodlebugs!' as the other-half exclaimed when presented with the results. I had forgotten how quick and easy these are to make but now I've done it once there might be a whole lot more in production soon. Besides as the creator I get to lick the bowl clean - yummy!
(Not exactly Nigella but everyone has to start somewhere!)

As is common for people who work in pubs I did spend a pretty large proportion of the weekend keeping people topped up with alcohol. With three bar shifts I didn't have too much free time but I did get a bit of housework done before work on Saturday so that's something at least.

Today I had a shift at the petrol station - my main workplace last year. Now I'm not sure if it was the weather, or too much caffeine or something strange in the air but I decided to walk to work. Yes - this is something plenty of people do i know, but the 7 mile walk was one I hadn't really considered doing before, let alone just before a 6 hour stint in the petrol station. I headed out the door before I came to my senses and it actually didn't take all that long. According to a certain web-map provider (rhymes with Noogle) this walk takes two hours and three minutes...an hour and thirty-two minutes later I arrived and the station, three quarters of an hour early for work!
(Cute! Cute! Cute!)


I was shattered by time I got there having kept a pretty fast pace but it was definitely worth it! I didn't have to wear a big thick coat, the lambs were running about the fields, rabbits darted along the fence line, there were all sorts of birds gliding through the sky or foraging for food - and the majority of drivers waved and smiled as they moved aside to give me room to walk.

Well I can't think what else I've been doing this week so I think I'll leave it there for tonight - but I'll try to be a little more frequent with posts, at least then I might be able to remember what to write about!

Until next time then - Adios!

1 comment: