Drifting Gipsy

Drifting Gipsy

Monday 31 March 2014

Another Manic Monday!

Well although I didn't have a super early start to the morning it was all hands on deck as soon as I did roll out of bed - I had a phone call from my old boss asking if I could cover a few shifts this week, starting tomorrow. This wasn't exactly a complete surprise as we had already been talking about it but starting tomorrow did mean that I've spent most of the day so far getting my latest university assignment out of the way.

Now luckily it seems to have been a relatively easy assignment, part of a maths module I'm currently studying, and now it's just waiting to be posted tomorrow. Typically I actually started this assignment almost two weeks ago but everybody loves a bit of procrastination right?

By the look of it the rest of the day is now going to be spend looking for the perfect knitting patterns. At the end of last week I was commissioned to make a nice thick pair of leg warmers but they're to be in a colour not easily found up here on the island so it was onto the Black Sheep Wools site for a bit of a root through their stock. Well the wool has arrived today and looks great, and with it was the wool I bought to make a little something for myself.

Lately I've been having to forgo the wearing of proper hats because with the amount of hair tucked under them they tend to just POP right off my head - very frustrating when you already have to battle the winds to keep your head-wear from swooping off into the sea. I have so far made myself a couple of very nice headbands but I'm going to make a nice big baggy dread hat - a bit like Bob's Marley's super famous 'rasta hat' but with some more 'me' colours, after all I've never even been to Jamaica...yet. However first on the list is the pair of leg warmers...and another scarf.

Now, I would like to say how "I wish it were Sunday" but to be honest Sunday, and the rest of the weekend was pretty busy too! I was working in the Legion on Friday night for a heavy metal gig we had in. Although some of the other staff weren't so keen on it I really enjoyed it. We had a Shetland band called Ten Tonne Dozer down to play and a band called Hybrid Constellation were launching their album over the weekend.

Saturday consisted of a trip down town and a peek around the charity shops before a long overdue trip to the swimming pool then more work. This time we had piper called Fred Morrison performing. He was pretty good too but I only found out this morning that he once played with Capercallie - now that was a surprise!

Come Sunday afternoon it was back for another shift in the bar before heading over to the climbing wall. I've been going a fair bit this year so far but I was pretty chuffed with myself this week as I managed to convince my mum to come along and join in too! Don't worry - she has actually done a lot of climbing in the past so it was like some cruel joke. It's been a few years since she was last on the wall but she did well so hopefully that's my climbing partner problem fixed! And I think it worked very nicely as a Mother's Day present with a difference.

(Bit different to the climbing at the wall this weekend but here's me testing myself in Spain last summer!)


Well I'd best get on with these leg warmers so I'll see you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment