Drifting Gipsy

Drifting Gipsy

Thursday 24 April 2014

Ball O' Yarn

Hi guys!
This last few days have definitely been a bit of a whirlwind but there isn't actually all that much to tell.

I've mostly been working at the petrol station lately and en route to one of my afternoon shifts I stopped by the local cafe for a cuppa. While I was there I saw a sign in the window advertising for new waiting-on staff. Since the garage job is really only an emergency/temporary kind of post I asked one of the lasses working there what sort of hours the job would be for. Next thing I know I had the cafe owner herself sitting opposite me and my cake giving me a full interview - surprise! Before I knew it she was offering me the post! Now I told her I'd obviously have to think about it and speak to those at the garage so I'd get back to her but when I explained the encounter to the garage owner I got another surprise - they started offering me enough hours to match what the cafe offered. So, basically, I'm waiting to see what both say and we shall see where I end up.

Other than that I've spent most of my free time recently knitting. I finished my dread beanie pretty quickly and it's gone down really well - I'm already making my first one to sell and have a couple more on order! So excited about this and I'm now knitting away like mad, not that I'm complaining! I've also been having some wonderful conversations with some fellow 'dreadheads' about different wool and the processes it goes through before it can be knit - all very interesting.

(My lovely new beanie)

Oh, in case you're wondering about the post title being a bit odd it, like all my other posts is the name of a song. I quite enjoy this way of choosing my post titles, not least because it gives me the chance to listen to some different musicians that I've sometimes never heard of. This particular song - an old folk song - is a bit of a funny one in terms of lyrics but the title fits nicely at least!

As many of you will know we celebrated Earth Day this week. Now I didn't have too much time to go gallivanting out into the countryside but I did spend a little time out in the garden photographing some of the lovely flowers we have in bloom at the moment.

(nice to see a bit of colour coming through)

For those interested in my Uni work the picture below pretty much sums it up - I'm growing beans!

(Beans, beans a wonderful fruit, the more you eat, the....well you know the rest!)

So that's what I've been up to lately, see you all again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment